Welcome to LA Times Crossword Corners Where you get daily answers of LA Crossword for free.
Crossword puzzle is published by the Los Angeles Times. It consists of puzzles drawn on a large grid with black and white squares.
The LA times crosswords are solved by the readers. The time allotted for solving the puzzle is 3 hours. Black squares with black letters indicate the alphabetical order of words within a word list.
So lets get started…
Theme: 62. “C’mon, get serious!” … and an admonition evidently ignored by the starts of the answers to starred clues: DON’T BE SILLY. – The first part of each theme entry can follow “Silly”.
17. *Cage for a bunny: RABBIT HUTCH. Silly Rabbit.
26. *Tool for filling in holes in the wall: PUTTY KNIFE. Silly Putty.
40. *Bow users’ musical ensemble: STRING ORCHESTRA. Silly String
49. *Skin response to fear or cold: GOOSEFLESH. Silly goose.
Rabbit – Trix are for kids. Who has never had that little egg with
Silly Putty in it, and copied a comic? Silly String comes in a spray
can. Careful – do not spray on your hair. And my friend Andrea is a
silly goose from Minnesota. Hello!!
|Boomer, C.C., Tom Pepper, Andrea Carla Michaels|
May 26, 2021
1. Mexican dip: SALSA.
6. Kitten-lifting spot: NAPE. I am pretty sure that those cats don’t like it, but they have no choice.
10. “Notorious” Supreme Court justice, initially: RBG. We lost Ruth a little over a year ago.
13. Gold miner’s staked-out land: CLAIM. I have a claim on my backyard, but all I found is dirt and grass.
14. Polishes, as text: EDITS. I am polishing this blog right now. Hope I don’t screw it up.
16. Botch the job, say: ERR. “To ERR is human”, unless you’re a shortstop.
19. Actress Zadora: PIA.
20. Moody music genre: EMO.
21. __ Grey tea: EARL. “As I, walk through this world, Nothing can stop the Duke of EARL.”
22. Wasn’t feeling well: AILED.
24. Early bird’s reward: WORM. I am not that early. I settle for Wheat Chex.
29. Blackjack card: ACE. Get a face card and you win!
31. “Superman”‘ actor Christopher: REEVE.
32. Hooded snake: COBRA.
35. Final Four org.: NCAA. A big hit for Basketball fans, and office “Pick Winners”, which I never won.
37. Dutch cheese town: EDAM.
43. “The jig __”: IS UP. My golf scores are UP, bowling scores are Down.
44. Double-reed wind: OBOE.
45. Trio in H2O: ATOMS. Three atoms. Two Hydrogen and one Oxygen and you’re all wet.
46. Barnes’ bookselling partner: NOBLE. We have stopped there
many times. They have the Beckett baseball card price guide plus
Sudoku. They also have a coffee bar but I don’t pay their price for
48. Italian three: TRE.
53. Applies with a Q-tip: DABS. “A little one will do ya” (Brylcreem commercial).
57. Finance whiz Suze: ORMAN. We do not do much with financial planners. Sometimes I watch CNBC but you just cannot predict the tricky DOW.
58. Christmas song: NOEL. “The first NOEL, the Angels did say, was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay”. (19 days and counting,)
60. Rapper __ Kim: LIL.
61. Oral health initials: ADA.
66. Part of mph: PER. OR Price per Gallon. It’s about $3.10 in Minnesota but I have heard we are lower then most USA states at this time.
67. Promised to tell the truth: SWORE. Or hit a bad golf shot, or leave a split. (#@!&%#@)
68. “There’s no such thing as a free lunch,” e.g.: ADAGE. This has been a LONG Medicare Ad AGE. Hopefully it ends on Wednesday.
69. Hosp. triage areas: ERS. My first trip to the VA emergency
room was for pain I could not take anymore. Then the bad news – three
years ago. The “C” word.
70. Still-life subject: EWER. “It’s a still life water color, of a
now-late afternoon .. . and we sit and drink our coffee”. Dangling
Conversation. Simon and Garfunkel.
71. Printer supply: TONER.
1. Carpenter’s fastener: SCREW.
2. Mission to remember: ALAMO. “High up, Santa Ana, We’re killing your soldiers below. So the rest of Texas will know — And remember the ALAMO.”
3. Materials partner on a repair bill: LABOR.
4. Member of the fam: SIB.
5. Gallic girlfriend: AMIE.
6. Indira Gandhi’s father: NEHRU. Also a funny looking jacket that I never wore.
7. Grownup: ADULT. Classification for some Movies that I never went to.
8. Racetrack stop: PIT. Wow — can those guys ever change tires in seconds!
9. And so on, briefly: ETC.
10. Answered, as an email: REPLIED TO. Easier than answering regular mail.
11. Lawyer’s filing: BRIEF. Yes but they are hardly ever BRIEF.
12. Student’s mark: GRADE. My High School always gave numerical grades. 100 was great – 70 was passing. Below 70 was trouble.
15. Ice cream drink: SHAKE. Used to be 20 cents at McDonald’s in the 1960s. Now I cannot afford them any more.
18. Scotch or masking: TAPE. I like the Curad stuff to strengthen my bowling hand.
23. Played the market: INVESTED. Believe me, it is NOT playing. However sometimes I PLAY Craps. About the same results.
25. California county that contains parts of Yosemite National Park: MARIPOSA.
27. Copy on transparent paper: TRACE.
28. “You betcha!”: YEAH.
30. Recycle bin item: CAN. We recycle so much paper that there is hardly room for CANS.
32. CBS forensic series: CSI.
33. NFL tiebreakers: OTS. I sat through a few of these this year.
34. Multiple Grammy winner featured on “Uptown Funk”: BRUNO MARS.
35. Prize since 1901: NOBEL.
36. __-Magnon: CRO. This was not the best looking guy to maybe put on a coin.
38. Vaccination spot: ARM. C.C. was sore for a day or two. I
did not have any side effects but I wish people would Knuckle down and
get their shots. Last week we had an Omicron case here in Minn.
39. More, in Madrid: MAS.
41. Game with putting: GOLF. Of course our courses are closed
for the season, but our fall is lasting a long time. No complaints. We
had a day of 52 degrees with a bit of rain. No kidding and no snow!
42. Lend an __: listen: EAR. What? Huh? You talkin’ to me?
47. Is flexible: BENDS.
48. You, biblically: THEE. “America, America, God shed his grace on THEE!”
49. Flip out: GO APE.
50. Trial judge’s demand: ORDER. I think I have most of the “LAW and ORDER” episodes memorized.
51. Between, in French: ENTRE.
52. Like a designated driver: SOBER. Like me forever.
54. Poe’s middle name: ALLAN. Edgar.
55. Ship’s hull region: BILGE. These must be most of those parked in the Pacific Ocean that have Christmas gifts on them.
56. More cunning: SLYER.
59. Aspiring DA’s exam: LSAT.
63. Be obligated to: OWE. “I OWE- I OWE, so off to work I go”
64. “Don’t delay!”: NOW.
65. Pre-marital (just barely) promise: I DO.
Notes from C.C.:
84th birthday to Lucina! Lucina used to travel to CA regularly and met
up with our California blog regulars JD, Chickie, Clear Ayes and Garlic
Gal. Sadly both Dodo and Clear Ayes have passed away. JD, Chickie and
Garlic Gal are still in close contact.
|L-R back row: Chickie, Clear Ayes, Garlic Gal|
Front: JD, Lucina, Dodo (June 23, 2011)
#Monday #December #Kevin #Christian #Andrea #Carla #Michaels
Hope you like the today’s LA Crossword Answers. Keep visiting this LA Times Crossword Corner page daily to get updated answers.