Welcome to LA Times Crossword Corners Where you get daily answers of LA Crossword for free.
Crossword puzzle is published by the Los Angeles Times. It consists of puzzles drawn on a large grid with black and white squares.
The LA times crosswords are solved by the readers. The time allotted for solving the puzzle is 3 hours. Black squares with black letters indicate the alphabetical order of words within a word list.
So lets get started…
Theme: FLAT BROKE (58. Totally out of funds … and what each set of circles shows, casually) – FLAT is broken up in each set of theme answers.
17. Become light-headed: FEEL FAINT.
24. Reason for a track race do-over: FALSE START.
36. Choose love over money, say: FOLLOW ONE’S HEART.
46. Finished version, as of a document:FINAL DRAFT.
here. Hopefully Boomer will be back next Monday. He enjoys writing the
Monday posts and is always eager to read your comments.
Ideal Monday theme. Consistent set. Each answer start with F and ends with T, with L & A somewhere in the middle.
1. Maine’s __ Bay: CASCO. Looks stunning.
6. Miner’s find: ORE.
9. Rotisserie rod: SPIT.
13. __ the time: on every occasion: ALL OF.
14. Jinx: HEX.
15. Saturn’s largest moon: TITAN.
19. Cream of the crop: ELITE.
20. Former Montreal MLBer: EXPO. Now Nationals. Also 33. Batter’s stat: RBI. And 29. Like the crowd after a home team homer: AROAR.
21. Mauna __: Hawaiian for “long mountain”: LOA. The other is Mauna KEA, meaning “white mountain”.
22. “Rolling” rockers: STONES.
23. H.S. hurdles: SATS.
26. Wing measurement: SPAN.
28. “Famous” cookie maker: AMOS.
32. Similar (to): AKIN.
40. Driver’s aid: TEE. Tee drive. LPGA great Laura Davis never uses a tee. Just a clump of dirt.
41. Pea places: PODS.
42. Ward off: AVERT. And 43. One who saves the day: HERO. Very grateful to have Dr. Nina on our blog.
44. __ Spumante wine: ASTI.
50. Some canine retrievers: LABS.
54. In equal amounts: EVENLY.
55. Nest egg initials: IRA.
56. Stick-to-it-iveness: GRIT.
57. Mournful melody: DIRGE.
60. Passover meal: SEDER.
61. Sleep stage: REM. Tiny clue/answer dupe with 3. Was dreaming, perhaps: SLEPT.
62. Singer/songwriter Mann: AIMEE.
63. Lat. and Ukr., once: SSRS. Soviet Socialist Republics.
64. “__ to Joy”: ODE.
65. Watchdog’s warning: SNARL.
1. Streetside lunch spots: CAFES.
2. Amazon’s virtual assistant: ALEXA.
4. Humongous: COLOSSAL.
5. Aptly named bug spray with an exclamation point: OFF. Boomer and I used to do flea market at Annandale. The bugs there were brutal early in the morning. It’s on a a big farmland.
6. Akron native: OHIOAN.
7. Kidney-related: RENAL.
8. Phone routing no.: EXT.
9. Top of Texas?: STETSON HAT. Nice clue/answer.
10. Cockpit occupants: PILOTS.
11. “Proud Mary” singer’s memoir: I, TINA.
12. Spud: TATER.
16. Where many eggs hatch: NEST.
18. __ Romeo: sports car: ALFA. Hi there, Tony!
22. Final Four round: SEMIS.
25. “Oh, for heaven’s __!”: SAKE.
27. B-29 movers: PROPELLERS.
29. Rear at sea: AFT. Glad Ray was able to attended Spitzboov’s funeral.
30. Sushi garnish: ROE.
31. Bullfight cheer: OLE.
32. Reply to a ques.: ANS. Answer.
33. Issa of “Insecure”: RAE. Super talented.
34. “It’s cold in here!”: BRR. Real winter here in Minnesota.
35. “The Addams Family” cousin: ITT.
37. Hardly succinct: WORDY.
38. Skunk’s weapon: ODOR.
39. Villainous smile: EVIL GRIN. Another great fill.
43. Closet accessory for a coat: HANGER.
44. Ski lodge style: A FRAME.
45. “Immediately!” in the ER: STAT. Those nurses at the ER and the hospital are all so nice and friendly.
46. Govt. agents: FEDS.
47. Yale and Penn: IVIES.
48. “The Big Bang Theory” crowd: NERDS.
49. Stayed home in bed, say: AILED. Can you guys believed that
Boomer still bowled on Dec 16th? He had 334 I think, the worst game he’s
ever had. He could hardly walk then.
51. Smell: AROMA.
52. Pedal pusher: BIKER.
53. Alloy that symbolizes strength: STEEL.
58. To’s partner: FRO.
59. English lit degs.: BAs
We’re hopeful that Boomer will get his PT today. It’s ordered by the neurosurgeon. He’ll probably also be visited by the radiation guy and the oncologist for the the next steps.
#Monday #December #Catherine #Cetta
Hope you like the today’s LA Crossword Answers. Keep visiting this LA Times Crossword Corner page daily to get updated answers.