Is Protein Bad for Your Health? We all feel that protein is the most important nutrient for our body, so often we start consuming excessive protein without thinking to build body or lose weight. Which can spoil health instead.
Let us tell you that protein is very important for repairing the breakdown in the body as well as for making muscles.
What is a waste?
- Nowadays, those exercising in the gym are asked to drink protein shake or eat protein bars. Our body can digest only 5 grams of protein every hour. While there is 50 grams of protein in a protein shake or bar, it takes 10 hours to digest. It is not good for health.
- Consumption of more than 30% protein daily has a very bad effect on the kidney.
- It causes calcium loss in the body.
- Among its side effects are fatigue, dry skin, dizziness, hair loss, loss of appetite, nausea, bad breath, etc.
- The excess protein in the body is converted into fat, which increases weight.
Who is at greater risk?
- Non-vegetarian people.
- People going to the gym who want to make muscles in a hurry by eating protein shake or protein bar.
What is healthy Protein limit?
Most people require 50 grams to 70 grams of protein per day. So it is good to eat protein by measuring, eg, 150 grams of chicken contains 37 grams of protein, 1 egg contains 5 grams of protein. So it is not good to consume them more.