Here I am going to tell you how to check aadhar card status online but before that I would like to give you just a brief introduction about Adhar card, its purpose and use. On January 2009 the Govt. of India formed a new agency called Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) which in turn introduced the scheme Aadhar which is mainly responsible for giving a unique identification number to each and every citizen of India in order to maintain their database containing their complete data along with biometric specifications.
Anyways here we are not going to talk about that here. Since Aadhar card can be used as an id proof with several applications such as availing subsidy for gas cylinders, it becomes important to have an Aadhar card and for that one needs to know first where its Aadhar card is and what is its status once it has been applied for.
So, have you applied for your Aadhar card but still waiting for it to reach your home? The good news is that you can to check Aadhar card status. With advancement of technology it is now even possible to check Aadhar card status online from usa or india. Here I am going to explain that in simple steps.
Steps to check aadhar card status online
1. In your browser type https://resident.uidai.net.in/check-aadhaar-status
2. Here enter your Enrolment ID and date along with time and of course the captcha security code in the corresponding fields.
3. Now, hit the ‘Check status’ button and you will be able to see your Aadhar details and status.
It is also possible to get soft copy of your e-Aadhar letter on your mail id .If you want it then follow these steps –
1. Write a message in the following format UID EAADHAR <Your Aadhar number> <Your mail id> <your PIN code>
2. And send it to 51969 and you are done.
Alternate way for doing the same –
If you don’t want to send a message it is also possible online by following these steps –
1. Open your browser and go to https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
2. Here fill in the details appropriately.
3. Click on “Get one time password”.
4. Enter the password that you got on your registered mobile number.
5. Click on “Validate and Download” button.
6. If you have successfully verified all details without any error then you will be able to download your e-Aadhar.
You can even use this e-Aadhar and take its printout